As a parent of a swimmer and member of Slug Aquatics, I will abide by the following guidelines:
Failure to abide by these guidelines will result in the termination of my swimmer's membership with Slug Aquatics.
- Practice teamwork with all parents, swimmers and coaches by supporting the values of
discipline, loyalty, commitment and hard work.
- As a parent, I will not coach or instruct the team or any swimmer at a practice or meets
(from the stands or any other area) or interfere with coaches on the pool deck.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship by conducting myself in a manner that earns the respect of my child,
other swimmers, parents, officials and the coaches at the meets and practices.
- Maintain self-control at all times. Know my role: Swimmers - Swim; Coaches - Coach;
Officials Officiate; Parents - Parent.
- As a parent, I understand that criticizing, name-calling, use of abusive language or gestures
directed toward the coaches, officials, and/or any participating swimmer or their family will not
be permitted or tolerated.
- Enjoy involvement with Slug Aquatics by supporting the swimmers, coaches and other parents with
positive communication and actions.
- During competitions, questions or concerns regarding decisions made by meet officials are directed
to a member of our coaching staff. Parents address officials via the coaching staff only.
- Share the burden among parents by volunteering to time at meets at which our children are swimmers;
volunteer to help at swim meets our club hosts, whether our children participate or not.
- Participate all 3 days in the Coastal Valley Aquatic League (CVAL) Championship in August.
- Support my swimmer in making the minimum number of practices per week, plus one swim meet per month.